- Transportation: Although it could take a decade or more to perfect them, autonomous cars will one day ferry us from place to place.
- Manufacturing: AI-powered robots work alongside humans to perform a limited range of tasks like assembly and stacking, and predictive analysis sensors keep equipment running smoothly.
- Healthcare: In the comparatively AI-nascent field of healthcare, diseases are more quickly and accurately diagnosed, drug discovery is sped up and streamlined, virtual nursing assistants monitor patients and big data analysis helps to create a more personalized patient experience.
- Education: Textbooks are digitized with the help of AI, early-stage virtual tutors assist human instructors and facial analysis gauges the emotions of students to help determine who’s struggling or bored and better tailor the experience to their individual needs.
- Media: Journalism is harnessing AI, too, and will continue to benefit from it. Bloomberg uses Cyborg technology to help make quick sense of complex financial reports. The Associated Press employs the natural language abilities of Automated Insights to produce 3,700 earning reports stories per year — nearly four times more than in the recent past.
- Customer Service: Last but hardly least, Google is working on an AI assistant that can place human-like calls to make appointments at, say, your neighborhood hair salon. In addition to words, the system understands context and nuance.
The Age of Experience
The Big Picture
The Golden Age of the Internet has come to an end. The tech giants have now made trillions of dollars and the internet has become mature. 3.8 billion people use the internet daily, which is more than half the world’s population. The tech giants are no longer having 30% increases in revenue year after year, instead, it has dropped to 11% in 2019 and only 8% in 2020. 2021 is looking grim for tech.
The cost of doing business is also up. Once companies thought that advertising on the internet was luxury, not anymore. Now since companies are finding most of their customers this way the cost has skyrocketed. Supply and DEMAND. Internet expansion is slowly ending, prices of advertising on the web are increasing and yet there are new technologies on the horizon daily.
AI (artificial intelligence), “AI is a computer system able to perform tasks that ordinarily require human intelligence… Many of these artificial intelligence systems are powered by machine learning, some of them are powered by deep learning and some of them are powered by very boring things like algorithms.” (General quote from the internet.) AI is the future of the web? or is it?
AI has made all kinds of technology cheaper for us. Cameras, Cell Phones, even Refrigerators. Are they really cheaper? These items are a few examples of products that have advanced so much that they have functions on them that most people don’t use. That is what AL does, it creates products that seem fancy, seem usable, but in the long run filled with unnecessary capabilities. The imagination of AI technology inventors was that people would be served by these capabilities and even mundane work would be dehumanized.
In some regards, it has done that. We have a kiosk at local fast food joints (fewer employees), diagnostic tools at car repair places (less qualified repairmen), and insulin pumps that constantly test your blood for just the right insulin dose to be given. (Look below for other areas AI is at work.) AI does save lives and it has affected us all. Those are the good sides of AI. None of us want artificial intelligence to dominate our life. We are happy when it serves us, but really do we want machines to do our thinking for us. I don’t.
At Zany we use AI when building websites, but what the machine doesn’t have is the big picture. What it really takes to be in the service industry, how to communicate with humans or how to truly be creative. We want people’s involvement. Our teams work using their knowledge and applyample elements to websites, advertising campaigns, and even social media without using AI as a crutch.
Our websites, ways in which we communicate with our clients, goal setting, research, content writing, marketing, planning, designing, and so forth are done by highly trained motivated, dedicated people. The diagram above looks complicated, but it isn’t when people have the big picture and love what they do. All the pieces fall into place and everything begins to work without a hitch. Let the people at Zany help you create an empire where the art of service is nourished! (Don’t just rely on AI.)
Areas Heavily Influenced by AI